Cannabis Infused Olive Oil Orange Cake Recipe 3/29/18
OM Edibles Cannabis Infused Olive Oil
The team at Solful loves the amazing cannabis infused olive oil, from OM Edibles, which we have in stock at Solful. We’ve used it for cooking, added it cold to a meal as a dressing, and even used it topically! We decided to use it in one of our favorite cake recipes, because who doesn’t love dessert… especially when it’s cannabis infused?!
About OM Edibles Cannabis Infused Olive Oil
Each 2oz bottle contains 100mg of THC. Be sure to store your cannabis olive oil in a cool place or the fridge or freezer after opening.
$25/ 2oz bottle
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ c granulated sugar
- 1 c mild extra virgin olive oil
- 1 – 2 oz bottle of OM Edibles Cannabis infused EVOO
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ c whole milk
- Orange zest from 3 oranges
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees – prepare pans – grease and flour pan or if using a cupcake pan, line with cupcake liners
- Whisk together sugar and eggs until frothy and dissolved
- Add in milk, EVOO and OM Olive Oil, orange zest and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated, but do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Times will vary depending on the pan you are using. For loaf pans, bake for approximately 45-55 minutes. For cupcakes, bake from 15-25 minutes depending on the size of the cupcake. They are done when the cake springs back into place and the toothpick comes out clean when tested.
- Dosing will depend on how many servings you get.
- You’ll want to divide 100 (there’s 100mg of THC in the entire bottle) by the number of servings you have.
- As an example, if you bake a loaf and cut it into 10 slices, each slice should contain 10mg of THC.
- If you decided to bake one-dozen cupcakes than each cupcake should contain a little over 8mg of THC.
- Don’t forget, edible consumption takes longer to kick in than some of the other delivery methods… sometimes taking more than 2 hours to feel the effects. So plan accordingly, be patient, and don’t overdo it!
- Friendly reminder, kids love cupcakes and desserts. So if you have kids at home be sure to put your cake in a safe place where they can’t get to it.